Setup VPN on Android- Without any Software. Virtual Private Network (VPN), as its name suggests is a private network that makes use of the public network in order to connect to the remote users and remote sites. Of course, a Virtual private network is not a sole way to accomplish this and there are other ways also available like leased line and so on. But VPN is one of the most popular ones that is why we are giving it a preference over the others.
Why do we need Virtual private network (VPN)?
For instance, if I talk of a business organization having several offices across the country and employees of that particular organization wants a secure, efficient and reliable way in order to communicate and share information among them, then in this sort of a situation we need a virtual private network (VPN).
A Virtual private network is used on the routers and mobile environment and at other places too. But here, in this particular article we will focus on setting up Virtual private network only on the mobile platform, more specifically android devices.
Set-up VPN on Android- Without any Software
Now, let us discuss the steps to be implemented in order to set up the Virtual private network in your android devices.
So, here we go.
1) Firstly go to android menu and tap setting.
2) Now, tap Wireless and networks.
3) Then tap VPN setting as shown below.
4) Now, tap Add VPN and you will see a variety of options like Add PPTN VPN, Add L2TP VPN and so on.
5) Then tap the type of VPN that you want to add (if I want to add PPTN VPN then I have to tap Add PPTN VPN)
6) Now put the correct values (credentials) in the fields as per the VPN you are using and you are done.
In this way, you can add different types of Virtual private network (VPN) to your android devices with ease. I hope this would help. If you have any queries then do comment below. Stay tuned for more such useful information and latest technologies.