Android Internet connection to work in 3G or HSPA mode. Do you want your internet connection of android mobile to work on 3G mode? Android provides direct option to switch between 2G or 3G mode easily. One technical sentence: High Speed Packet Access(HSPA) protocol improves performance of 3G which utilizes Wide-band Code Division Multiple Access(WCDMA) network mode. This sentence only describes which Network mode 3G technology uses, only to make you understand and aware while you are selecting the network option in your android device while implementing below steps.
Steps to make Android Internet connection to work in 3G or HSPA mode:
1.) Tap on setting icons, and select Wireless and Networks.
2.) Select Mobile Network or Mobile Data. If you are using dual SIM mobile, select the Network from which you want to use 3G internet.
3.) Now you need to select “WCDMA Mode” option from Network mode or Preferred Network. Following are some general list of Network mode option with meaning.
- GSM/WCDMA (auto connect) – automatically switches between 2G/3G modes.
- GSM only – 2G only mode.
- WCDMA only – 3G only mode.
4.) All Done, you can now enjoy 3G data on your android device.
Note: Before making your mobile to work on 3G properly, you need to verify the below listed points, satisfies the condition:
- Your Network Service Provider, should provide good strength 3G services over the area, where you want to use 3G internet.
- Your Mobile phone should support 3G Networks.
- 3G data connection should be enabled or you need to call customer care to make your 3G work.
- Device Should receive good signal strength.
- Note, if your mobile supports two SIM, you need to make sure that either of One Slot should support 3G. Generally, most of the mobiles 1st Slot support 3G while the 2nd Slot does not support.
- Check whether the APN setting is properly done. Here are the list of APN setting of different network service provider:
- APN of IDEA,
- APN of RELIANCE
- APN of VODAFONE
- APN of AIRTEL
- APN of AIRCEL
- APN of BSNL
- APN of VIDEOCON
- APN of MTNL
- APN oF LOOP
- APN of UNINOR
- APN of TATA DOCOMO
Now Most of the network service provider provides 3G supported SIM, and you don’t need to replace the SIM instead. Using 3G Network consumes more battery, so it is highly recommended to use 2G or GSM network when you are facing battery problem. You may also see “Save Battery life in Android“. If you are still getting problem or any other solution do comment below. We would love to discuss with you.