We are living in a highly Technical world where we don’t need to worry about booking of Ticket. We can book a railway Ticket, anywhere in India at our fingertips. Now, even we can book a general ticket with IRCTC – Online General Ticket Booking
Through official website of IRCTC (Indian Railway catering and Tourism corporation of India), passenger are able to book an online ticket by registering account on website. It allows to book both type of Tickets i.e E-Ticket and I-Ticket. This official website of Indian Railway allows to book online Ticket for any Class of Reserved Coach. When you go through entire process of online Ticket booking then you will come to know different class of Reserved Coach which are mentioned below:
Class of Reserved coach:
- AC Sleeper 1st class (1A)
- Executive Class (EC)
- Ac Sleeper 2 Tier (2A)
- First Class (FC)
- AC sleeper 3 Tier (3A)
- Third AC Economy (3E)
- AC Chair Car (CC)
- Non-AC Sleeper Class (SL)
- Second Sitting (2S)
IRCTC Connect App – Online General Ticket Booking
‘IRCTC Rail Connect’ is official android app available at Google Play store. This app made Ticket Booking more simpler just by Swipe, Select and Book. You all might be aware of reservation of all class of reserved coach but may be not to Second Sitting (2S).
Few More for You :
General Ticket Booking which comes under the Second Sitting (2S) class of Reserved Coach is also available to book online. General Ticket booking is something different from Reservation in sleeper class or other reserved coach. It is something equivalent to general ticket purchased at the Ticket counter but it costs Extra 15 Rs. for booking a seat in D1, D2 or Non-AC Chair Car coach. Second Sitting Reservation is basically for D1, D2 or Non-AC Chair Car coach. So let us see how to book General Ticket online:-
How to Book General Ticket Online – IRCTC connect app:
For online Booking of General Ticket through IRCTC app, all you need to do is to follow below mentioned steps:
- First of all, Download and Install IRCTC Rail connect- official app from Google play store which is available for free.
- Secondly, If you are New User and not Registered user, then first go to Register section and create your own account by registering your details.
Download IRCTC Rail Connect From here
- If you are already registered user to IRCTC official website then you can login directly with your username and password.
- It will ask you to generate PIN for app for fast login.
- After login your account you are all set to Book your online Ticket which will ask you to fill details for New Booking.
- Fill the date of Journey and then click search option for the list of Train.
- For Booking, you first you need to select station from where you want to depart and then select your destination station.
- You can check availability of seats for different trains by clicking the 2S option for General Booking, even according to Quotas. There are Several Quota: General, Premium Tatkal, Physically Handicap, Ladies, Tatkal.
- You can check Fare of the Journey also.
- When you check availability, It will be green with available option if seats are available, with yellow option if seats are in PQWL, and red in case of non-availability of seat.
- You can book your seat by clicking on ‘Book now’ option.
- When you click ‘Book’ option, It will create a Ticket and ask for add passenger.
- You may add numbers of passenger with their details and even seat preference also.
- When you are done with list of passenger, you have to click on ‘Book Ticket’ option at bottom of the screen which may lead you towards payment details.
- Now you need to click on ‘proceed to payment’ option again at the bottom, You may make payment as per your preference that is from e-Wallets or other payment option which includes credit & debit card, Net banking.
- You will get confirmation message on your registered mobile number while Booking a Ticket.
The main problem in online Booking general Ticket is that this ticket is valid only for a specific train for which you have booked it. On the other hand if you purchase a general ticket from the Ticket counter of railway station for a passenger train, then you are free to go by any passenger train. If you purchase a general ticket for any express train then you are free to go by any express or passenger train which is not happen in case of online General Ticket Booking.
So, Enjoy the never before Experience of online Ticket Booking with IRCTC Rail Connect Mobile app. Adopt Digitization and Go digital just for the sake of your comfort.